Case Studies: Government, Economy and Society in the Republic of Ireland 1949 - 1989
This text covers the topic Government, Economy and Society in the Republic of Ireland, 19491989, the new compulsory Documents Study Question, to be examined in 2018 and 2019.
- An exam-focused text, suitable for Ordinary and Higher Level students, with student-accessible language used throughout
- For 2018 and 2019 the Case Studies studied through documents are drawn from the Topic, Government, Economy and Society in the Republic of Ireland, 19491989:
- The First Programme for Economic Expansion, 19581963
- The impact of the EEC on fisheries
- The impact of RTÉ, 19621972
- This book deals with these Case Studies separately from the rest of the Topic
- Each Case Study starts with an essay placing it in its context, followed by a detailed account of the events and a brief summary of subsequent developments
- To familiarise students with reading documents, each case study is accompanied by relevant documents and questions
- Two exam-type document questions are included with each Case Study
- Relevant key personalities and concepts are also included
- Great care has been taken to keep the language, layout and concepts accessible to students of all abilities
- The book is full-colour, supported by an extensive bank of illustrations, photographs and documents
- Useful websites are provided throughout
- Visit www.edco.ie/lchistory for free study podcasts.